- This event has passed.
Capital Region Society of Audio Engineers: November Monthly Meeting
November 5, 2018 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
This month, let the mixing begin!
As discussed, we will review and discuss mixes turned in by our members. This gives us a chance to share our process in an effort to inspire everyone to try a new approach in their own work.
1) Everyone will mix the same track, to be decided upon shortly. Mixes must be submitted by 10/29, one week before the meeting.
2) Before the 11/5 meeting, all mixes will be made available to listen to. Each member may listen in their own environment and make their own notes to bring to the meeting.
3) If you are not present at the meeting, your mix will not be reviewed. This group is about participation, that includes attendance.
4) Your mix can remain anonymous if you choose. If you would like to speak about your mix to the group (highly preferred) then you may do so after we listen together and critique
5) This is not a competition. All experience levels are encouraged to participate.
6) Depending on number of mixers, we may only review a chorus as a group to save time. Likewise, we will probably cap critiques at around 5-8 min per person. Full song should be mixed though and everyone can listen to full mixes ahead of time on their own.
RULES for submitting music options for us to mix –
1) All submissions must be made by 10/11.
2) Email Adam@overit.com an mp3 of the track to be mixed
3) All submissions will be made available to the group and we will vote shortly after.
4) Winner of the vote will be mixed by the group.
RULES – Session prep (If you cannot deliver files timely and as needed, please do not submit to be mixed)
– All audio files must be consolidated and begin at session start
– All files must be clearly labeled
– All files must be edited properly, tuned if needed, etc.
– Keep it simple… 44.1, 24bit
– Session files must be delivered by 10/18 at the latest
Doors open at 6pm, we will begin at 6:30pm.
Looking forward to seeing you all again!
If you are interested in giving a talk or hosting a meeting please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org